Unfortunately...things did not go as planned. The original plan was to meet last weekend, December 3rd. However, we were not prepared so we decided to push the filming day back one week. We took this week to plan everything out and finally, we were prepared. All of our amazon orders came in on time. Specifically, the props that were to be used in the video, such as the fake money. We organized with our guy friends an appropriate time to meet at the sawgrass mall, as well as went over the process and attire. Although we mostly planned on using our phones for recording as it had better quality, we rented out a camera and tripod just in case. We were hesitant on using it due to the experience we had with our last project, where we found out the battery life was not ideal. With all this in mind, everything was set for Saturday. Unfortunately, things had taken a turn for me. Last Friday, the day before filming, I had a dance performance scheduled at an event in Miami. At said performan...
Hi blog! I cannot believe that tomorrow is already THE Harvard Speech and Debate Tournament. I am specifically very excited for this tournament since it falls on my birthday! But that aside, I have been prepping for a while for this competition. It is my very last chance to get a bid to TOC. What is that you ask? In order to compete at the Tournament of Champions, one must have 2 bids, or "invitations." These bids can be obtained by doing well at national circuit tournaments and breaking to elimination rounds. I got my first bid at Sunvite last month, when I broke to finals. Unfortunately, I didn't qualify for a second bid at Emory because I broke to Quarterfinals. Due to the amount of entries, I needed to break to Semifinals in order to get the bid. So, this has motivated me a lot in preparation for Harvard. Since Harvard has 350 entries so far, I would need to get to Quarterfinals in order to qualify. Which is much easier said than done bec...
Hi Blog! Since today was an A day, I met up with my group during first period and we talked about filming again. Unfortunately, Lauren was absent so she didn't get to take part in the conversation. However, we definitely made sure to fill her in after. Savannah showed us all the props she ordered, and we went over ideas on how to incorporate the props in filming. We are also trying to figure out a day to film next week. We are almost sure it will be Thursday, but we have a small conflict. Since our main lead character, my boyfriend, is part of the project, his schedule is a bit conflicting. He had communicated to me that he has no school on Wednesday, and that he would prefer us to start filming then. I wanted to keep Wednesday open in case I had dance practice scheduled for this day. Additionally, Savannah had a potential conflict on Wednesday as she may be getting tickets for a concert. Of course, I would prioritize fi...
Comments
Post a Comment