Unfortunately...things did not go as planned. The original plan was to meet last weekend, December 3rd. However, we were not prepared so we decided to push the filming day back one week. We took this week to plan everything out and finally, we were prepared. All of our amazon orders came in on time. Specifically, the props that were to be used in the video, such as the fake money. We organized with our guy friends an appropriate time to meet at the sawgrass mall, as well as went over the process and attire. Although we mostly planned on using our phones for recording as it had better quality, we rented out a camera and tripod just in case. We were hesitant on using it due to the experience we had with our last project, where we found out the battery life was not ideal. With all this in mind, everything was set for Saturday. Unfortunately, things had taken a turn for me. Last Friday, the day before filming, I had a dance performance scheduled at an event in Miami. At said performan...
Props: Since we chose the song Material Girl, we plan to display a young girl living a lavish lifestyle. To portray this, we plan to use fake money, sunglasses, and a feather boa as our props. Costumes: In our video, we will have one main subject, our material girl, with others playing supporting roles. For the material girl, they would be dressed up in long gloves, fake pearls, and a nice long dress, preferably pink. To fit the stereotype of a gold-digger, they would also wear a blonde wig, a feather boa, and expensive looking sunglasses. The actress would have on light makeup, with the most bold part being some red lipstick. For the lower class boys, we would have them dress in casual clothing, such as jeans and a hoodie. Any lower class girls would dress in similar casual clothing but may wear skirts, short dresses, or shorts as well. On the other hand, the boys playing the upper class roles, they would dress in formal attire. This would include a white dress shirt...
Hi blog! I cannot believe that tomorrow is already THE Harvard Speech and Debate Tournament. I am specifically very excited for this tournament since it falls on my birthday! But that aside, I have been prepping for a while for this competition. It is my very last chance to get a bid to TOC. What is that you ask? In order to compete at the Tournament of Champions, one must have 2 bids, or "invitations." These bids can be obtained by doing well at national circuit tournaments and breaking to elimination rounds. I got my first bid at Sunvite last month, when I broke to finals. Unfortunately, I didn't qualify for a second bid at Emory because I broke to Quarterfinals. Due to the amount of entries, I needed to break to Semifinals in order to get the bid. So, this has motivated me a lot in preparation for Harvard. Since Harvard has 350 entries so far, I would need to get to Quarterfinals in order to qualify. Which is much easier said than done bec...
Comments
Post a Comment